Are you looking for another way to advertise your vacation rental?
Are you looking to manage your property your way?
Join our community of owners at New York Rental By Owner!
What you get with your New York Rental By Owner listing:
- First 100 listings get a FREE 6 month trial - No Credit Card Needed
- Listing page with a title, descriptions, reviews, photos & SEO options to attract travelers to your vacation rental.
- Complete control over cancellation policies. One size does not fit all.
- Text notifications when an inquiry or booking comes in so you can respond in a timely manner.
- Calendar Sync with your VRBO, HomeAway, AirBnB or other rental calendars.
- Optional Online Booking and Reservation Manager (Your choice whether to use it).
- Dashboard to manage your listing, calendar and booking requests.
- No Service Fees for Renters / No Booking Commissions for Homeowner.
- You can keep your rental rates competitive, save your guests money, while keeping more of your money in your pocket.
- All listings are FEATURED on our social media channels.
After the free trial period ends you can renew with an annual subscription and pay one set price for unlimited bookings. There are no additional fees or commissions charged on any bookings generated from the website.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Why should I list my property on New York Rental By Owner?
Listing on New York Rental By Owner makes it easy to earn rental income. We are a New York based company with experience in both marketing and property management. We can offer you what the big box sites cannot, personal attention and targeted marketing to travelers who frequent New York for their vacations.
What do I get with my listing?
Every listing comes with everything you need to start renting your property and earning income, including room for 24 high-resolution photos, interactive map, and reservation calendar. So once you sign up, you can start to build your listing... and get bookings!
Can I control who rents my home?
Yes. You are always in charge of who rents your home. Every inquiry and booking request comes to you. You can talk to the traveler to find out more about them and make sure they're a good fit for your property. And, we do not penalize you for not accepting a booking. Sometimes the fit between renters and homeowners is just not right.
Do I have to use Online Booking?
No. This is an optional tool provided to you, should you want to use it. You are not required to use it and are not penalized if you don't.
What types of properties can I advertise?
Acceptable rental properties include houses, condos, and villas, as well as barns, bungalows, cabins, cottages, estates, mansions, apartments and yachts. We do not list properties that are renting out rooms, or Bed & Breakfasts. After all, we are not AirBNB and nor do we want to be.
Can I process guest payments on New York Rental By Owner?
No. We do not have payment processing in place for reservations. We feel it is best to leave it up to the individual homeowner to determine the best way to accept payments for reservations.
Options for accepting payments for reservations include checks, of course. For accepting payments online, some options include using any of the following:
PayPal : There is a 2.9% + 30¢ Credit Card Transaction Fee.
- Invoices are free for you to use.
- Sending an invoice to guests for payments is quite easy. In your PayPal account. You select Tools > Invoicing. You can then create and invoice to send to the guest, and you can even attach the rental agreement to the invoice. Just take a look at the PayPal video.
- We recommend having a Business Standard Account for greater flexibility.
- There is no monthly fee with a Business Standard Account.
- You can easily send invoices for payments and you can transfer money to your bank account free. With the Business Standard account you can also get a credit card reader that works on tablets and smart phones, and even get a debit card for your PayPal account.
- Guest can make payments for their reservations through the payment processing system at PayPal. THEY DO NOT NEED A PAYPAL ACCOUNT TO PAY. They may pay with a credit or debit card through PayPal without having a PayPal account. They simply select to pay without a PayPal account on the PayPal page and follow the instructions.
- Invoices are free to send Pay 2.9% + 30¢ per invoice when customers pay with credit or debit online.
- Pay just 3.5% + 15¢ to charge customers instantly when they authorize you to keep a card on file.
- See funds from paid invoices deposited directly into your bank account in one to two business days.
These are a few suggested options that other homeowners are having great success using. Of course, you are free to use and shop around for whichever payment processing option you wish. We do not restrict your ability to choose what works best for you.
Registration is easy and takes just a couple of minutes.
CLICK HERE TO LIST YOUR PROPERTY